In addition to providing our customers with quality kitchenware, Broadway Panhandler brings the best of New York's culinary talent out of their kitchens and into ours. Our popular series, Demonstrations and Conversations, combines on-site tastings and interviews so that admirers can meet the chefs, learn to create some of their signature dishes, hear their thoughts on a cornucopia of food and cooking topics and pick-up one or two of their secrets.
Toque Talk features monthly recipes from some of New York's most popular chefs.
Chef/Partner, Arlington Club
A native of France, Chef Laurent Tourondel earned his "d’Aptitude Professionnelle de Cuisinier" at Saint Vincent Ecole de Cuisine in Montlucon. This classic French training is still evident in his current style.
Chef Tourondel has worked in many of the best French kitchens before traveling to London, where he cooked at the famed gentleman's club, Boodle's. In the years that followed, he worked under notable chefs, such as Bruno Tison in New York, and Jacques Maximin in France. Tourondel then served as Chef de Partie at Restaurant Mercury in Moscow, Executive Chef of C.T., Claude Troisgros' debut restaurant in Manhattan, and Executive Chef at Palace Court Restaurant in Las Vegas. He then returned to New York to open his own restaurant, Cello. After Cello closed, Tourondel spent time traveling the world and developing his own culinary voice. Tourondel returned to the States and found much success as the former chef behind the BLT Empire. Remaining consulting Chef of select BLT Restaurants, Tourondel currently is Chef/Partner of LT Burger (Sag Harbor, Long Island & Bryant Park NYC), LT Signature in Panama and serves as Executive Chef/Partner at Brasserie Ruhlmann in Rockefeller Center in New York.
Most recently, Tourondel opened Arlington Club, a partnership with TAO Group, where he has been awarded a glowing two-star review from The New York Times, as well as rave reviews from Manhattan magazine and the New York Post.
Grilled Balsamic Radicchio
Yield 6 Servings
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 medium head radicchio, cut into 8 wedges core in-tact
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Mix the lemon juice, red pepper, flakes, vinegar, salt, pepper, olive oil and honey in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Place the radicchio into a shallow baking dish and pour marinade over the top. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove radicchio, reserving the marinade, and grill until crispy, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and place on a serving platter.
- Drizzle with reserved marinade and keep warm.